Thursday, December 20, 2007

Depression, My Bitter Friend

she sits in silence
awash in her statuesque beauty
she dreams of vibrant colors and broken hearts
standing at the edge of her mortal abyss
she waits, she stays in silence
"please do not take me today"
she screams at the invisible, phantom pain
that attacks her daily without fail
she must fight to win
and every moment the battle increases
every moment she loses more of herself
in the game she never learned to play
self-sacrificing desperation
she breaks the darkness with movement

"you will not have me today. I won’t give in, give up until I am whole again. You have taken my innocence, my confidence. You have stolen my freedom and I intend on having it. Maybe not today, maybe not the next but one day I will stand in the light again and piece myself back together. You will not have won, this is just the beginning of my struggle. And struggle I will"

again covered in darkness
she sits, she waits for it to come

No comments: