Monday, December 17, 2007

Waiting in the Wings

waiting in the wings
awaiting all these things
to clear up and rock my unsteady soul to sleep
AND I AM STANDING ONSTAGE
alone and unsure
the lights are hot and I am still

But
while waiting to go on
I hoped the act before me would last a lifetime more
hoping for a time when I won't be scared
when I will no longer fear the expression of my true self to another

the sound of
my voice echoes from the walls
reverberating in this hall of chaos
choosing this life is never easy
the life of a performer, of a writer, of an artist
continually challenging yourself
waiting for the show to end, waiting for it to begin
Waiting to go home where you can once again hide
from yourself, from no one and everyone

My
night is
finally over and all I want is more.
I hide in the shadows and fade into the background
and more, more
Oh yes there will be more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait.