Sunday, November 4, 2007

Apartment #3

numb and bleeding
health receding
patched and broken
words not spoken, here
where I used to live
where my memories are all held dear
but they are all wrong
I am all wrong
no choices left to make
I hear my heart break
and I am broken too

picking up after myself
I want no one to see
no one to know
where my body lies
starving and alone

detaching from my detachment
I grow weary from remorse
there's no place for me here
because space can't be made
I am too big or too small
but mainly I'm not here at all
no
I have never been here at all

not knowing what I want
I ask for it all
but no one can give when no one knows
the no one asking for nothing at all
pushed back into my place
no room to be made
I resign myself, design myself
around this desperate feeling of how it all started
and where it all went wrong

No comments: