Friday, November 9, 2007

OUT

What's the time? Well it's gotta be close to midnight...
Rent


I’m going out tonight
With a painted face and a neon wig
I’m going to paint the town tonight
With my rhinestones and my glitter
It’s a good night to go out
It’s a good night for a blow out
I’m getting rid of all my demons
I’m saying goodbye to authority
I’m throwing caution to the wind
With a big “fuck you very much”
And two fingers in the air
I’m going to break out tonight
From these chains that bind me
So I can breathe again
With my friends at my side
There’s no way I’m not turning this town upside down
I’m fierce and I’m fabulous
I’m the lady in blue
And I’m not taking no for an answer
Tonight it’s on and there’s no way this can be good
Because what this city doesn’t need
Is another group of badass
Broken women tearing it up
Yelling and swearing it up
This city won’t know where we came from
Or when we’re leaving
But by the end of the night
And into the next morning
Our town Manhattan
Won’t ever be the same

No comments: