Friday, November 2, 2007

Home: Where my Heart Must Be.

I know that the night must end
And that the sun will rise
I know that the clouds must clear
And that the sun will shine
-Endless Night from The Lion King



The beauty of home.
The beauty of finding your way back to a place you remember to a place you can’t forget.
I want to find that place, a place I can call my own.
I want to be safe and warm and free to be me.
I want to let go, take down my hair, let loose my tongue and take off that glare.
Where my eyes are silent, still and sure.
I will know where I am because I am there in the very place I need to be.

Standing on un-solid ground I wait, I wait for this to feel right.
No, I have not found it yet; I have not found my peace.
At this moment I belong to no one and everyone, I live in the world and the world lives in me.
I have no place to rest my weary mind and no sanctuary from my everyday dilemmas.
When will it be my hour, my minute, my moment?
Looking into the distance I can’t yet see who I’m meant to be.
I can’t yet understand where I’m supposed to go.
I don’t quite feel steady, ready and whole.

But I will and my time will come.
The time when I will know what I was born for.
What I have saved and salvaged for.
Where I need will finally find my piece, no, my peace of mind.

No comments: