Monday, November 5, 2007

Holding Me Together

I would like you to say you’re sorry
I would like you to say I know
I would like you to say something more than everything’s okay.
I’m sick of hearing the same old things
And being placated at every turn
Please tell me what you think of me
And what you want from this.

Sometimes I think we speak two different languages
One that is emotion and one that is logic
One that is borderline irrational
And one that can be cold as ice.
I want you to say all the things I need to hear
Like I love you and I want to hold you always dear.
And I would
I would let you hold me until the end of time.

This poem is unfinished as I am unfinished
Because at the end of the day there are no words left to say
Not one that will let you know how I feel
And what I need done.
But would you understand if I had only that one?
I could only hope you would
And that you wouldn’t break me the way you could.

Please hold me together
Please don’t let me go
Please don’t say it’s over
Please, please, please
Say it isn’t so.

No comments: