Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Overweight? *Revision for Wonder Woman Week

Looking in the mirror I can't quite see the girl I used to be.
I'm broken and battered,
bruised and shattered.
I can't see, I can't feel, I can't love.
I need to love. I need to change.
My world is change, change is change and I'm changing too.

My life, my lifestyle is different, I am different.
Embrace me, degrade me.
No need to, I can handle it on my own, I do handle it on my own.
I wear clothes I pick up off the floor.
I wear my heart on my dirty sleeve and can't seem to remember when I
used to be clean.
I can't get clean.

I've never felt that way, the way everyone should fee or maybe I'm deluded
secluded or obtrusive.
Angular folds of me peel off my skin and I just let those layers fall.
Let the layers slip off of who I am, who I was and who I will never be.
This is me, I am not you, I am not a carbon copy of you.

I hate, I dissipate and disappear.
Working, breathing, breaking in front of you,
pleading to find you not fearing what is real, what is right
What could be normal if you just understood
Understand. I want to be seen as this, what's right in front of you.
Your idea of me will never be which should have never been.

But I won't give up.
I won't give up on you.
Not until you can look me in the eye and see me.
See me for this.

No comments: