Monday, November 5, 2007

The Great Divide

You say the future is scary
You say your future is bleak
I say take me as I stand in front of you
Take me forever, take me today
It doesn’t have to be the wrong decision
For you or for me
If it all overwhelms you
We’ll save it for another day

But sometime I would like to know
When it’s time to talk
When it will be okay
When you won’t get scared or turn to run away
Because what I want for our future
Is forever and a day

One day I hope to let you know
How I truly feel
How I want to spend my life letting you know
You’re my world, my life, my love
Let’s talk about a day we won’t have to worry
About money, time or fear
A day when we won’t think about anything but each other
A day when we can stop forgetting, stop fighting
About what we want, what we need
and who we want to be
On that day after forever
That forever after the day
When you will finally tell me how you really feel
And I’ll hear all you have to say.

No comments: